Wednesday, March 23, 2011

i am married (again)

Last night, on our 8th anniversary, my husband and I renewed our vows. Our pastor told us that we were the youngest people for whom he had ever performed such a service. What is unique about our situation is that though we were married 8 years ago, we divorced 5 years ago. We reconciled a year later and though we intended to renew our vows, we never did (to be clear, we have been married during that time - you can annul a divorce in Kentucky). So last night, after 3 years of what any married person would innately know has been a long road, we formally recommitted ourselves to each other.  The funny thing is that I don't think there was a more appropriate time at an earlier date to do this.  After a lot of work, we are at just the right place to be able to honestly say those words to each other.  And in the theme of my previous post, I feel content.

No comments:

Post a Comment